When should I have intercourse to get pregnant ?

General Surgeon
I had an Ultrasound done on 11th day and the left overy dominant follicle measures 25.5*19.1mm with ET-7.9mm and no free fluid in POD ..I repeated on 12th day and the left ovary dominant follice measures 19.8*19.1mm with other readings remained same as the previous day. Suggest me when we should have an intercourse to get pregnant.

Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 31 minutes later

Thanks for query,

Your ultrasound report say, you had a dominant follicle on 11th day of cycle. As the size of follicle had reduced on the 12th day this is suggestive of possible rupture of follicle and release of ova.

As the lifespan of ova is 24 -36 hours, sexual intercourse with in the next 24 to 48 hours is most fruitful.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you good luck.

Follow-up: When should I have intercourse to get pregnant ? 7 hours later
Could you please check the follicle readings once again as we were sugegsted to take the test once again as the Doc we are consulting felt the readins were inaccurate...

Also,could you please check the below Liquefaction Time      45 mins
Chemical Examination
Fructose           Present
Microscopic Examination
Sperm Count           50mill/cumm
Sperm Motility(after liquefaction)
Actively motile           80%
Sluggishly motile      10%
Non-Motile/Dead      10%
Abnormal Forms      <05%
Pus cells           2-3hpf
Epithelial cells           2-3 / hpf
Impression : Mild Oligospermia with increased Viscosity.Repeat After 15 days.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 30 minutes later

Thanks for the information.
Semen analysis report of your husband is averagely good ,there is nothing to worry,but he can improve it with medicines ,which are available for increasing the sperm count & their penetrating power. I have gone through your report again .In my practice (,as I am also doing follicular studies in my nursing home ).I have seen full size follicle on 11th day in some patient ,so my advise is after thinking the report is correct.For any doubt about the report you can talk to your ultrasonologist.

Hope I have answered your query, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: When should I have intercourse to get pregnant ? 2 hours later
Hi Doctor,

My husband used a tablet called Dox-T for a week twice a day...Do you think he should get it checked once again? But he took the medicine sparingly as we were travelling...Do you think he should take the medicine once again and then go for the semen analysis test once again?
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 6 hours later
Any medicine for improvement of count ,concentration,motility, and penetrating power of sperms in semen must be taken for at least three months .A sparing course of seven days of medicine don`t give expected results. So he should re start medicine and go for semen analysis after month or two.

Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.