When should I check for follicle formation?

Hi doctor ... I am 30 years and married for last 1.7 months .. Have been trying for a baby for last four months ... Did a follicle study for the first month this time .. The study states no dominant follicle on day 12 and day 14 .... ET of 6 mm on day 12 and ET of 7.3 mm on day 14 , right ocary measures 3.2*2.6 mm and left ovary measures 3.7 * 2.4 mm.. my period cycle is about 35 days ..for the last four months my periods cycle has been close to 35 days or even a little higher ... do i still have chances of ovalution consideirng the current follcile study and my oeriod cycle .. and for how many more days should i continue with follcile study in this cycle to know when the egg is ruptured if i am ovaluting ??I am not on any drugus as on date except a folic acid which was prescribed .. pls advice
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later

If you are having a regular 35 day cycle then you should ideally check for dominant follicle formation and rupture till day 22 of your cycle. Since till day 14 there is no dominant follicle formed then the chances of developing a dominant follicle in this cycle are less.

In my opinion,you should go for all the hormonal assessment - LH, FSH, etc before going for ovulation studies, under the guidance of an expert gynnaecologist.

You can ask her to give you a ovulation induction medicine like Lutrozole or clomiphene and then monitor the activity of ovaries.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.