When is stent placement not recommended?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow the answer to your query below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query very carefully. I’m so sorry for the situation your mother is in. Some of the reasons that the stent placement could not be done or not recommended are: 1. The coronary arteries aren’t suitable for coronary angioplasty and stenting. 2. The operator isn't able to perform the procedure of coronary stenting. 3. The patient didn't tolerate well the procedure (bad patient compliance). 4. The angiography results indicate for CABG or conservative therapy. Hope it answered to your query! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: When is stent placement not recommended? 32 minutes later
Thank-you for your prompt reply. I should also mention that my mom had lab work (blood chemistry & urinalysis) within the last month. All results were within normal limits, including cholesterol & triglycerides. She has had great health all her life except for the back pain. No meds except pain control & osteoporosis. Also, in December '13 I retired from a 40-year career in nursing. My mom is 7 hours away & I will be driving there tomorrow, so I know I'll be asked these questions. I have a pretty good knowledge of CV physiology & care, but there are always things to learn! Such as: What would make vessels unsuitable for angioplasty? Thank-you! XXXX
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Calcium makes the artery unsuitable for angioplast Detailed Answer: Hi, and thank you for following up. The vessel will become unsuitable for angioplasty if they have multiple and very hard plaques. Will the passing of times calcium is deposited into the coronary plaques making the coronary arteries very stiff. So Calcium makes the artery very hard and can prevent balloons or stents expanding properly to relieve the narrowing making them unsuitable for angioplasty. Hope it answered to your query! Wish you and your mother Health! Dr. Benard
People also viewed
- Palpitations after stent placement
- Does splenda cause bladder infection in children
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of arimidex?
- Does smoking weed affect your thyroid
- When is stent placement not recommended
- Does smoking pot cause mood changes
- Does simvastatin cause achilles tendon ruptures
- Is stopping of heart a side effect of neostigmine?
- Is unusual tiredness a side effect of fenofibrate?
- Dizzy after stent placement
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of docetaxel?
- Does sperm have cosmetic properties
- When can i travel after stent placement
- Lightheaded after stent placement
- Is cracks in the skin a side effect of cordarone?