When is my period due? Taking Clomid, using fertility monitor to track ovulation, want to take pregnancy test.

im taking clomid this is my 1st month 100mg from day 3 to 7,using fertility monitor to track ovulation,on day 16 monitor showed peak fertility lh surge,made love around that time,now on day 21 it has shown another lh surge and peak fertility symbol again,have i ovulated twice this cycle or was machine wrong,i want to take pregnancy test end of this week as i should be at end of cycle but now im confused when my period is due
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 2 hours later

Under normal circumstances and usually, ovulation occurs once in menstrual cycle.

With reference to your case, your monitor has shown two LH surge, which I believe is due to some problem with your machine.

You can do pregnancy test if you miss your expected date of menses (end of this week).

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: When is my period due? Taking Clomid, using fertility monitor to track ovulation, want to take pregnancy test. 43 minutes later
how in the future will i know when im ovulating is machine is picking up more than 1 lh surge,clomid will finish on day 7 so i should be expecting it around day 14,this would be my normal cycle but is delayed ovulation a common thing on clomid,as this is my first cycle i dont know what to expect,my monitor has always been accurate in past as i used it to track ovulation for 5 cycles before i began taking clomid
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 12 hours later
Thans for the query.

Delayed ovulation is not a common thing with clomid.

LH (leutinising hormone) surge occurs once in menstrual cycle i,e before ovulation.

For double confirmation you can use your machine along with ovulation detection strip (available in market for home urine test).

Other option is when your machine is showing lh surge, have a blood test for lh from some reliable laboratory as well.

Best wishes,