When is it ok to give intravenous injection of Epinephrine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
When is it ok for a paramedic to give a patient Epinephrine by route of IV Push? If Epi is administered this route, is there a particular way it should be done?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Intravenous injection of epinephrine (1:10,000) can be given by a paramedic in
(1) treatment of acute hypersensitivity (anaphylactoid reactions to drugs, animal serums and other allergens)
(2) treatment of acute asthmatic attacks to relieve bronchospasm not controlled by inhalation or subcutaneous administration of other solutions.
This can also be given in case of a heart block but that sould be given under the guidance of a physician.
It can be given intravenously in any of the approachable peripheral veins.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.