When is intercourse safe after hemrroidectomy surgery?

Hello, I had hemrroidectomy surgery done 5 weeks ago, and my partner and I was was wondering when it will be safe for me to have anal intercourse again, I know I should ask my surgeon but mine is very judgemental and don't think I would get a correct answer or any answer for that matter, I just don't want to do nothing where I would cause damage and read so many things and all said somthing differant? So was wanting your opinion. I've seen anywhere from 6wks- 12 weeks , all I was told with my sugery 6 weeks was a full recovery, does that mean I should be 100% recovered and can be active with my partner again?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: 6 to 8 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Post haemorrhoidal surgery 6 to 8 weeks is the usual recovery period. You can have anal intercourse after 6 weeks, but please make sure the lubrication is generous and also watch for blood in stools following the intercourse. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me Regards