When i can get my period after taking gynaset?

Question

Can you please tell me why Gynaset tablet is used? After taking this tablet within howmany days will i get my date?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 31 minutes later

Thank you for posting in your query.

Gynaset is a Progesterone tablet which is usually prescribed for heavy bleeding, as a contraceptive measure along with Oestrogen tablets, for controlling premenstrual symptoms and for postponement of menstrual cycles.

Usually one gets withdrawal bleeding after 2-4 days of stopping the medication.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: When i can get my period after taking gynaset? 5 days later

my last mensus date was on October10th. on 29th of same month I was with my boyfriend but nothing happened. but that day his sperm was out twice and he put his finger in my vegina but not too inside. he didnt touch his sperm.
This month I didnt get my mensus cycle. So on 16th of nov I went to gynic and she tested and gave "Gynaset" tablet for 3 days(two times a day). I took this on 17, 18, 19 of this month. but still now i didnt get the date.
two days back white discharge happened a little.
Can you please tell me when will I get my date. I am very much tensed.
Please help me out in this.

Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the follow up question.

When you say that your Gynecologist tested you do you mean that she tested you for pregnancy?

If she hasn't then I recommend that you take the home urine pregnancy test by end of this week. It is a simple test and the manual along with the kit is self explanatory. If this test comes positive you would need to get an Ultrasound to confirm pregnancy. Considering the dates that you have mentioned you did have sexual contact close to your fertile phase. One can never be sure if the sperms were touched or not.

You say that you had white discharge. This could be a sign of infection especially fungal which could also be a reason for delay in periods. Your gynecologist would be able to help you to get it treated after examination.

My suggestion would be to rule out pregnancy as I have explained above.

This must be very distressing for you but please reach out if you feel that you have any queries to be solved.

It is always advised to use protection when having sexual intercourse if you are not planning pregnancy.

Hope I have answered you query. Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.

Dr Gowri

Follow-up: When i can get my period after taking gynaset? 1 hour later
My mom just said doctor for irregular mensus.
Doctor just checked on my stomach and breast. but she gave me tablets for mensus to come after monday as We had XXXXXXX on monday.
She gave me tablet called "Gynaset".

Why this tablet is used for then?

Please tell me after this when will i get period? will i get date for sure or not?

Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

As I had mentioned before Gynaset tablet is used for postponement of menstrual cycles which I believe is the reason you went to the Gynecologist for due to the XXXXXXX

My suggestion,

1. Do not worry. Stress can lead to further delay in the period dates.
2. If you are having a curdy white foul smelling discharge from the vagina, get your self treated for a possible fungal infection.
3. Wait till 26th November for your periods. If you still don't get your period, do a urine pregnancy test.
4. If your urine test comes positive, it would be in your interest to revisit your Gynecologist.

Normally following the stoppage of Gynaset one gets periods in 2-4 days.

It is very difficult to ascertain in your case if you would get your periods or not as you have history of some sexual contact and also the use of Gynaset, both of which can cause changes in your hormone levels.

Please do not worry and carry out the advise as I have mentioned above. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: When i can get my period after taking gynaset? 23 minutes later
I dont have any smell in the vagina.
Can I do pregnancy test tomorrow?

If the test comes yes, what remedies can I take to prevent from pregnancy.
Can you please suggest some tablets for this?

Please understand, I cant face my parents. I cant even go to doctor with my mom for this purpose.

Please suggest me something for this.

Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 14 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I can understand your dilemma. Any one in your condition would be worried.

Yes, go ahead and do the urine pregnancy test tomorrow morning with the first urine sample.

Do visit your doctor if your test comes positive, as she would be the one to advise you best on the treatment.

Please find a friend or a colleague who would understand you and help you through this phase.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.