When does bleeding stop after an abortion?
User rating for this question
My wife has taken Mifegest 200mg and Cytolog 200mg for Chemical MTP with Dr advice, Heavy bleeding and clot noticed after 15 days also , we have taken ultrasound pelvis after 15 days found normal and right ovary is normal and Left ovary is suboptimally visualised. Kindly advice when Bleeding is likely to be stopped and percautions to be taken
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptomatic treatment if no other symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Usually bleeding is minimal after 15 days of abortion. The causes for heavy bleeding even after 15 days could be due to retained products of conception (which has already been ruled out by scan) or could be due to infection. If there is infection usual presentation will be fever or foul smelling vaginal discharge or pain lower abdomen. If you are not having any of these symptoms then I feel you can wait for one or two days for the bleeding to stop. I usually give Tranexamic acid + Mefenamic acid drug combination for my patients with similar complaints. Kindly visit your doctor for examination and for any symptomatic treatment. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- Is inverted nipple a side effect of stelara?
- Is rash a side effect of microgestin fe 1/20?
- Is inverted nipple a side effect of proscar?
- Dissolvable stitches on the belly button itching
- Deep belly button makes me look fat
- Is confusion a side effect of cabergoline?
- Belly button leaking red dots
- Is cool pale skin a side effect of prozac?
- Nerve belly button diabete
- Cant stop bleeding after abortion
- Stop and start bleeding after surgical abortion
- When does bleeding stop after an abortion
- Gallbladder and belly button discharge
- Non stop bleeding after abortion
- Birth control stop bleeding after abortion