When can the fetal cardiac activity be seen in scan during pregnancy?

hi doctor, my name is XXXX i am from chennai. I got last periods on 17/06/2013. i got married on XXXXXXX 26 2013. i am Pregnant now. Today i took dating scan in that i got 6weeks and 4 days of fetal period. the above period is calculated as per LMP not as per CRL. i am worried becasue my scan report say, cardiac activity is not yet seen for the fetal. Can you please answer my weeks are correct also any problem for fetal becasue cardiac activity is not yet seen. They suggest to take scan after 10 days. please reply
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The gestational age of 6 weeks and 4 days is as per your LMP. If this corresponds with that of CRL or sac size on ultrasound scan and a yolk sac has been seen on USG, then there is no need to worry.
Trans abdominal scans usually detect the fetal heart beat by 7 weeks complete. It is best to go for a repeat scan after 10 days for the confirmation of diagnosis.
Also, if you are having continuous or intermittent mild nausea then it is indicative of rising titres of HCG and thus a normal viable pregnancy.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: When can the fetal cardiac activity be seen in scan during pregnancy? 12 minutes later
this is my scan report says:
gestational sac seen
yolk sac seen
tiny fetal pole seen
cardiac activity not yet seen
both ovaries appear normal
no free fluid seen.

single intrauterine gestation corresponding to a gestiational age of 6 weeks days.
gestational age assigned as per LMP.

Please reply, its normal and will cardiac activity will be seen in next week?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since the yolk sac is seen on the scan and the parameters correspond to 6 weeks, there is no need to worry. The cardiac activity will appear by next week.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.