When can i have a safe sex after my last period?

i am XXXXXXX , 26 years old. Got married 2months ago. My question is when i can have a safe sex. my last period was on XXXXXXX 30
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 10 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

First, one should know the duration of the cycle, i.e. first day of the last menstrual bleeding to the first day of the present menstrual bleeding. This is the duration of the menstrual cycle.

This duration varies from person to person & is usually between 26 to 31 days.

Ovulation approximately occurs in the middle of the cycle, i.e. duration of the cycle - (minus) 14 days (this also varies).

A week before and a week after the approximate day of ovulation is considered to be Fertile period.

The days apart from this is called the safe periods, where the fertilization does not takes place.

So, to calculate the safe period you must know the fertile period.

Calculation of fertile period: The shortest cycle minus 18 days=1st day of fertile period. The longest cycle minus 10 days= last day of fertile period.

If you feel it is difficult, even there are online calculator, only you to ever the values. This will help you to know your safe period.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.