When can i expect my periods back after chemical pregnancy

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2014
Mar 2014
Question
I had chemical pregnancy and had bleeding from 3rd XXXXXXX for 7 days. now, I have not got periods till now which was due on 3rd XXXXXXX or 15th which is actual date, y
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is difficult to predict the actual date Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query and welcome to healthcare magic. I understand that you had a positive pregnancy test followed by an abortion on January 3rd. Now you are again missing your periods. It is difficult to predict the date of the next menstrual period after having a delivery or an abortion. Sometimes it may come on or within 7 days of the date of abortion in the previous month while sometimes it may get delayed. The hormonal changes in the body after an abortion take variable time to get restored. So the date of next period is not predictable. Another cause of missed period may be an incomplete abortion where some products remain inside the uterus or a new pregnancy that may have resulted in this month during ovulation. The best way to rule out pregnancy is to get a urine test done with first morning urine sample. If the test is negative, wait for a few more days say 1-2 weeks. It is advisable to use condoms during this period. Repeat the pregnancy test after 7 days. If there are no periods after 2 weeks, see your doctor and get evaluated for other causes like hormonal issues. Hope this satisfies your query. Thanks for using HCM. Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have. Dr Madhuri Bagde Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist

Follow-up: When can i expect my periods back after chemical pregnancy 1 hour later
what percentage of chances do I have of pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 7 hours later
Brief Answer: chances similar to any women not using contracepti Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up query XXXX. The chances of pregnancy, if you have not used contraceptive are similar to those in any women not practicing contraception. It depends upon the frequency of contact and contact during ovulatory period. Chances are never 100% in the general population and they are never zero. Every month the ovary produces one female egg called the ovum. The ovum is released at the time of ovulation, about 14 days before the expected period and is available for fertilization for 24-36 hours. If sexual contact occurs during this period, chances of pregnancy are very high. If contact occurs when there is no ovulation chances are zero. So I cannot comment in objective terms about the chances. The abortion has no relation to it. Also it is possible to get pregnant before having a menses after abortion or delivery. The ovum is released 14 days before the period. If it is fertilized at that time, periods will not occur as pregnancy has already occurred. I understand your situation. Please do not think so much and get a urine test done to clear up matters. I am always here to answer any more queries. Take care. Dr Madhuri Bagde Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist

Follow-up: When can i expect my periods back after chemical pregnancy 26 hours later
which are the most ideal days to have sex to get pregnant

Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Day 12-18 Detailed Answer: Hi and welcome back. The most fertile days of the cycle are from day 12-18 days in a regular cycle of 28 days. The days also depend upon the length of the menstrual cycle. It is advisable to keep track of the number of days of your menstrual cycle for at least 3-4 months. Then subtract 18 from the number of days in your shortest cycle. In a 28 day menstrual cycle, this would be day 10. Subtract 11 from the number of days in your longest cycle. Again, in the average 28 day cycle, this would be day 19. So the fertile days are day 10-19 and so on. Also there are other methods like measuring the basal body temperature every morning before waking up from the bed using a special thermometer called the BBT thermometer. After ovulation, the temperature rises by 1-1.5 degrees. Another method is to look for the consistency of the cervical mucus. The mucus is thin and watery during ovulation and thick after ovulation. special kits called ovulation determining kits are also available that help track ovulation. It is advisable to keep sexual contact on alternate days during the fertile period and daily during ovulation to have maximum chances of pregnancy. Hope this answered your query. Thanks for Using HCM. I am here to answer any more queries. Have a good day. Dr Madhuri