When can Primolut be taken. Having low BP and heamoglobin. Suggestions

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hello Doctor,

Please see my history of periods

1st Date or Periods     Duration
Nov-12     02-Nov-12     
Dec-12     01-Dec-12     29
Jan-13     31-Dec-12     30
Feb-13     02-Feb-13     33
Mar-13     03-Mar-13     29
Apr-13     03-Apr-13     31
May-13     02-May-13     29

I am getting married on 29th May 2013 hence I am worried and need to be sure that I donot get my periods on both 29th May and 30th May could you please suggest from when should I take Pirmolut N and how much should be the recommended dosage.I always have a low bp and have low heamoglobin.Besides that I donot suffer from any medical condition. I had hormonal imbalance in 2005 which was cured than with prescription on contraceptive tablets.

XXXXXXX

Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

According to your menstrual history the cycles are almost regular.
To postpone the periods you have to start the tablets at-least 5 days before the expected date of periods.
So you can start on 25th May.
To postpone the periods, you can take two tablets in a day. One in the morning and one in the night after food.
You have to take the tablets at the same time every day, if you miss the tablet that can lead to withdrawal bleeding.
You have to continue the tablets till the date you want to postpone the periods.
After stopping the tablets you can get withdrawal bleeding in 4 to 5 days.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: When can Primolut be taken. Having low BP and heamoglobin. Suggestions 10 minutes later
Thanks Doctor I will take dose as per your advice, also do let me know if contraceptive pills are safe and suggest me one please , I shall be with my husband until 16th XXXXXXX after which will XXXXXXX him only after 6months.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 50 minutes later

Yes, contraceptive pills can be used for limited period and usually they will not cause any major side effects.
You may have a little bit of nausea, boating sensation etc. in the beginning. But these will usually subside soon.
You can take any of the brands like XXXXXXX loette, ovral-l etc.
You have to start the tablets from the first day of your withdrawal bleeding.
You have to take the tablets at the same time every day to avoid breakthrough bleeding and for complete protection.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.