When can I restart normal sex life after a C-section delivery?

Mar 2016

Hello Doctor, My wife gave birth to baby girl by cesearean on 11th December 2013. My wife is sometimes having minor pair in incisions and rest everything is ok with her. Cesearean was LSCS. This is my first Child. I want to know that when can I restart my sex life with her. Also I do not want to have another child for at least 3 years, so I wanted to know what is the best method for contraception. Pls. advice.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) You can restart your normal sex life 6 weeks after delivery of your baby through C-section. In this time period, abdominal incision will get time to heal properly and her cervix gets time to close and return to normal. As per date, you have to wait another 2 weeks and she needs to go for overall checkup including incision wound. Genital & breast care are to be taken properly in this time to avoid unwanted infection. 2) Best contraceptive method for 3 years duration is Implant (like NEXPLANON or IMPLANON) or Intrauterine Device (like Copper-T) or Intrauterine System (like LNG-IUS). These are highly effective (more than 99.5%) against unwanted pregnancy and can be used 1-month after birth of baby and during breast feeding. However, you must consult with her gynecologist for appropriate choice of contraception after overall clinical examination in follow-up visit. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW