When are my ovulation days ?

I had sex on Monday July 25, my ovulation chats said that my ovulation day wasthe 24, I took three pregnancy tests on the 27,28,29. I am scare, am I pregnunt.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

If your ovulation tentative date was 24th july and you had an unprotected sex on 25th, then the chances of getting pregnant are quite high.

For a urine pregnancy test to be positive, your periods should be overdue by at least 4-5 days. Doing a urine test on 27, 28 and 29 are futile.

For early diagnosis of pregnancy, you can go for blood HCG levels. A rising titre is seen at least seven days after having sex if you pregnancy occurs.

My advise would be to wait for the periods to be overdue and after that only try doing the urine tests for diagnosis.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: When are my ovulation days ? 5 hours later
Sunday and today I was feeling very sick, like if I had to through up. Whats should I do. The chart said that my next period is on the 6 of august. Should I Waite, or can I test before that date
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

For urine pregnancy test, you should at least wait till 10th august to know for sure.

If you want to have an early diagnosis, you can get your blood Hcg levels checked twice at a 48 hours interval.

A doubling of Hcg levels will suggest pregnancy.

Follow-up: When are my ovulation days ? 45 hours later
Yesterday I had cramps, and I felt naussas, felt like I was going to have my period, but then it stop. Now today my breast hurts, I took another test and the results was negative.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

You still need to wait for at least 3-4 days for your periods. If the periods do not come then only go for a pregnancy test earliest on 9th August.

Earlier then that, there is no significance of negative pregnancy tests.

The symptoms that your having are non specific and do not suggest any diagnosis.

So, be patient and wait for periods to begin or repeat your urine test after few days.