When and why should I stop taking tetralysal during pregnancy? Will they effect fertility?

When and why should I stop taking tetralysal 300mg - as I am trying to conceive. Will the tablets effect fertility? Also I have had a milky white discharge, no odour - could this be an early pregnancy sign?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Tetralysal has an antibiotic base and it shouldnt be used during early pregnancy.If you are trying to conceive then i suggest you finish the course and then try to conceive.Antibiotics may have teratogenic effects on the early fetus. Milky discharge doesnt mean you are pregnant.You need to take a urine pregnancy test if you missed a period.
White discharge may be of many kinds.It could mean infection or it may be normal discharge.Examination is necessary to confirm.