When I looked up forwards the ceiling I got this

Question
When I looked up forwards the ceiling I got this flash of white light above my right eye , it only lasted about a second , never had anything like that before and no other symptoms?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fundus examination required

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns,

But I would recommend that you get a fundus examination of your eyes.. Momentary white flashes of light can be an early sign of retinal tear... A retinal tear can be easily treated by a laser session if diagnosed early, while if left untreated can be complicated by a retinal detachment which can seriously affect vision.

However, if looking at the ceiling means that you have to mean been looking at the light source of the room, then that might be the cause of the white flashes and that is nothing to worry about.

I hope you find this helpful...