When I am trying to sleep and when i have

Question
When I am trying to sleep and when i have been sitting for over a few minutes I have pain in the back of my legs and some in the thigh. I also have hip pain and shoulder pain and a little pain in the neck area. When I move around it subsides. It feel stop me that it is muscular not skeletal.
Was wondering if it could be.
1. Alcohol Consumption. (I usually have a few drinks a day in the evening).
2. Proton Pumps for indigestion.
3,Allopurinol/
4. Warfrin
5 Old Age
It has come on stronger in the past couple of years.
work out at least 3 times a week.

Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Electrolyte imbalance

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that somehow you have developed an electrolyte imbalance. I would insist you to take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps. You also need to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.

Alcohol and old age have a direct role to play. Proton Pumps may have an indirect role. The others are not related.

Let me know if I could help further.