What're the long term beneficial and consequential effects of vyvanse?

What're the long term beneficial and consequential effects of vyvanse? in a hypothetical scenario, if someone were to take vyvanse for a year and stop, what would happen? would he be the same as before the medication? worse? better? I've been taking vyvanse without a prescription on occasion and I'm considering stopping if there are any irreversable side effects.
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 43 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Vyvance is a medication which is usually used for attention deficit or hyperactivity in children, adolescence, and sometimes in adults. Sometimes it is used as an add on treatment for depression or for people who have narcolepsy and are very sleepy during the day. If there is such reasons and it is used on a regular basis, there would be no side effects. If there is no reason to use it, it is recommended not to use it. It can decrease the appetite. It can cause sleep problem which may last for months or years. Some people use it to have better concentration for study. Studies have shown that it can help for better concentration, but it does not lead to better recollection (remembering) of the studied material.
There is high chance of dependence if it is used without any obvious medical reason.
let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.