What would cause calcification in lungs, kidneys and pelvic artery?

Geriatrics Specialist
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Long standing scar tissue lead on to calcification Detailed Answer: Hello, Long standing scar tissue or increased serum calcium levels are the main reason for calcification. I would order serum calcium and cholesterol levels as the first set of investigations to isolate the cause. Your local physician will know about these tests. Follow up as per the results. Thank you.
Follow-up: What would cause calcification in lungs, kidneys and pelvic artery? 1 hour later
Thank you for your time attached are the colored pics. I had colon cancer removed in aug 2012. At the time it was staged 2b. I have been having low grade fevers everyday since november, night sweats, headache, extreme fatigue, jaw pain, abdominal swelling, and pain in the upper right abdomen. Bilirubin has been increasing and is now sligtly elevated. Monocytes high along with absolute NEU.
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Suggesting Radiologist opinion . Detailed Answer: Hi there , Thanks for replying with reports. As you have removed of carcinoma colon few years back , following calcification needed to be examined further. I suggest you for an radiologist opinion to point out whether this calcifications resembles any metastasis or just simply because of raised serum calcium level . As you have associated symptoms, kindly visit the surgeon who operated you on colon with your reports and medications presently you are undertaking. Take care. If you have further questions feel free to ask. Thank you .