What would cause a very active 14 month old to have bloating and pale yellow stinky stools?

what would cause a very active 14m old to have bloating and pale yellow stinky stools and the have rock ard pebble like stools this has just started in the last week?
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 56 minutes later
One possibility is hepatitis mostly of viral origin leading to jaundice.
If the child is taking any drug for any reason may be it is a drug induced hepatitis.
Get the CBC, RFT and LFT along with an ultrasound of the abdomen of the child.
If no hepatitis is found then no cause of worry, just ensure that child eats enough orally, ensure salad and fruits in his diet and ensure hydration.
That would regularise the gut and problem will resolve.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary