What would cause a small child to hump periodically similar to sex act?

what would cause a small child to hump periodically similar to sex act for no reason she has had bladder infection ??? parents are horrified.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help Detailed Answer: most likely, she is masturbating, and it is extremely common for young children, both girls and boys, to rub against their genitals because it feels pleasurable. this is very normal behavior, and there is no reason for concern. however, it is of course understandable that her parents are concerned, especially if she does this at times when others can see. the best way to deal with this problem is for the parents to discuss with her that they have seen her doing this, and to reassure her that it is normal. then thy can gently explain that even though it is normal, it is something that should only be done in private, when no others are able to see. this way they won't make her feel like there is something wrong with her, and she need not be embarrassed or feel ashamed, but she will also learn that some behaviors are not sculpt acceptable to do them when people can see. I hope this will be helpful, please let me know if you have any more questions.