What would be the unusual long length of time for constipation?
User rating for this question
What would be unusually long lenth of time for constipation?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Colon cancer needs to be ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Constipation can be caused by bad diet (low fiber intake, low mineral water intake), hypothyroidism, chronic bacterial infection, medicines (antidepressants, Ca-blockers), and colon cancer. At your age, colon cancer should be ruled out at first. Its because the risk of this cancer significantly rises over the age of 50. SO every person older than 50 should have colonoscopy every 10 years and colonoscopy as soon as possible if any symptoms appear. Other symptoms which should force you to have colonoscopy are blood in stool, mucus in stool, abdominal pain, weight loss, bloating, weakness. I suggest you to consult gastrologist and have colonoscopy done at first. In a meanwhile please increase fiber rich products and mineral water intake. Start probiotic supplementation. If colonoscopy will be fine, you should have stool test, stool culture test, thyroid tests. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: What would be the unusual long length of time for constipation? 39 minutes later
I asked one question and you didn't answer it. TRY again. THIS TIME READ MY QUESTION BEFORE ANSWERING IT. Your answer to my question is unbelieveable for an educated person.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: I`m sorry. I didn't get the point. A week is unusually long length of time for constipation. Regards.
People also viewed
- What causes long-term constipation
- Constipation with night time vomiting
- How long do i have to wait to drink after taking tindamax
- Salts contained in rablet 20 tablet
- Peeing all the time and constipation
- Kicking sensation and pain on right side
- Uti and constipation same time
- Worms in stomach kerosene
- Prednisone with preworkout
- Mctd ketones in urine
- Can you take anti depressants with oxyelite?
- Problems of keeping laptop on lap
- Kartagener syndrome and stomach upset
- What is paracetamol (dolo) 500 mg for?
- What life time treatment can be taken for constipation