What would be the results of not treating fitz-hugh-curtis syndrome?

Excellent
Question
Hi I was wondering what would be the results of not treating Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome ?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
FITZ-HUGH-CURTIS SYNDROME is characterized by perihepatitis associated with pelvic inflammatory disease - causes acute pain in right upper quadrant of abdomen.
In case the pain is mild, then primary treatment involves systemic antibiotics to control the infection. At your age, the complications of an untreated infection includes pain and small bowel obstruction from adhesions, as well as infertility. Considering the long term complications, it is best to get the treatment right now instead of facing the complications later.
In case the infection id not adequately controlled and the pain is persistent then laparoscopic removal of adhesions may be considered.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.