What would be the cause of excessive dry skin all over body and distorted fingernails?

What would be the cause of excessive dry skin all over my body, finger nails that begin to turn into distorted shapes after getting to a certain length, extreme hair loss in head for over six months, chronic fatigue?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Deficiency of Collagen Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on your symptoms I suspect you have deficiency of Collagen specially the Type 1 and 3. Both these type of collagen are involved in maintaining health in the hairs, skin and nails. Also joint strength is maintained by a type of collagen. Taking protein supplements will surely help you on long term but for now it would be a better option for you to take collagen supplements. NEOCELL collagen type 1 and 3 with Vitamin c is one of the best brands available in the market now. A dose of 6gms per day in two divided doses will help. Hope, I answered your query. regards,