What would be the cause of excessive dry skin all over body and distorted fingernails?
User rating for this question
What would be the cause of excessive dry skin all over my body, finger nails that begin to turn into distorted shapes after getting to a certain length, extreme hair loss in head for over six months, chronic fatigue?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Deficiency of Collagen Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on your symptoms I suspect you have deficiency of Collagen specially the Type 1 and 3. Both these type of collagen are involved in maintaining health in the hairs, skin and nails. Also joint strength is maintained by a type of collagen. Taking protein supplements will surely help you on long term but for now it would be a better option for you to take collagen supplements. NEOCELL collagen type 1 and 3 with Vitamin c is one of the best brands available in the market now. A dose of 6gms per day in two divided doses will help. Hope, I answered your query. regards,
People also viewed
- My childs lips have turned black
- What would be causing patchy dry skin rash
- Why do i get pimples below my stomach
- Chronic prostate infection prevention always use wear condom condom condom condom condom condom condom
- What causes dry skin on mons pubis
- Is dipsalic ointment used for skin whitening?
- Can i smoke cigarettes while on flagyl
- Can you take cialis and lisinopril
- How to cure crystal meth skin breakouts
- What causes dry skin with flaking of skin on palms
- What causes dry skin on knob
- What causes to have dry skin on my penis
- Sore throat and churg strauss
- Homeopathic medicine for cidp
- Does whiskey increase facial hair growth?