What would be the cause of appearance of white spot on child's face?

Hello Doctor, my baby is 5 months old and he is having a white spot in left chick. Few days ago he had a pomegranate and orange juice and after some time he feeded. I want to know that whether the spot is normal and if not how to overcome this problem Regards XXXXX
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. White patch could be pitrysis XXXXXXX which is selflimiting and does not need any treatment. In case it spreads or increases in size get him examined by pediatrician as physical examination will be required. Apply coconut oil over it to prevent dryness. I also like to suggest that till 6months of age baby should be given only milk and compementary feeding should be started after completion of 6months. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...