What will happen if the earing backing goes inside the ear?

Hi I think my backing of my earing fell inside my ear what do i do?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 13 minutes later

By the end of this session, I hope that I have solved your queries.

The backing of your ear ring has fallen into the ear, indicates there is foreign body in the ear. Fortunately the material of the earring may be inert, that is it will not react with anything in your ear. You may have to go to Emergency Room, though it is not an acute emergency.

If there is an accomplished person at your disposal following things can be tried.

Water irrigation is often effective for safely removing a foreign body that is not tightly wedged in the ear canal. This can be accomplished with a standard syringe.Tap water or normal saline at body temperature can be used to flush out the foreign body by directing the stream along the wall of the ear canal and around the object, thereby flushing it out.
A forceps can be used to hold the object and remove it.
The ear drum is very sensitive, so it is better to just reach Emergency Room.

Waiting for your follow-up.
Follow-up: What will happen if the earing backing goes inside the ear? 2 hours later
XXXXXXX you...I tried with warm water to flush and it came out immediately.
Thank you for your help.Victoria
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

I am happy that your problem is solved.

Wish you good health