What will happen if the dose of Januvia is increased 150mg per day?

what if I increase the Januvia dose to 150 mg per day taken on two times a day
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 6 days later
The recommended dose of Januvia is 100 mg/day. Increasing the dose is not recommended as it can cause hypoglycemia (low sugar), acute pancreatitis and renal failure.
If your sugars are uncontrolled at the recommended dose then adding or increasing other co-medications may be the answer.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow-up queries, if any.