What will happen if 5 to 6 saridon tablets are taken at once?

what happens if i take 5-6 saridon tablets at one time?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The first and most important question is the dosage of each tablet. Was it the Saridon 500 mg tablet that was taken? Each tablet of Saridon usually contains 250 mg of paracetamol.

If so, the maximum daily-recommended dosage of paracetamol is 4000 mg. Which would still mean that an overdose has not taken place? That means you are safe for now. But if you experience any of the following symptoms, please visit a doctor at the earliest:
-Abdominal pain
-Pale skin

For now, I would advise you to drink as much water as possible to dilute the concentration of the medication, and in order to promote excretion of the drug from your system.

Please be careful in the future, and please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, or if god forbid you experience any symptoms. I will be right here and available to help you.

Follow-up: What will happen if 5 to 6 saridon tablets are taken at once? 9 hours later
Thanks for you reply doctor. Can you please let me know a drug name n dose to b taken which would keep me unconcious for min 7 hrs without any major side effect??I need this jus to keep me unconcious for 7 hrs due to major personal reasons.
I hope you are doing well. Thank you for writing to me.

XXXXXX, there are many options available to help you. You need to know that all medications have side effects. A sleep medicine is usually prescribed for a few days. It is better to also work on sleep hygiene. The cause that is responsible for decreased sleep should be taken care of.

If there is something troubling you or if you are experiencing any symptoms of depression or anxiety, I request you to please consult a psychiatrist for the same. I am sure a doctor can help you, and after examining you, they might even give you a prescription for the medication you require.

Sleeping pills fall under the category of psychiatric medication (eg ambien, lunesta, sonata, rozerem). For this reason, you will need a prescription from a psyciatrist. Please do not take these medications without the supervision of a doctor.

Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I shall be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: What will happen if 5 to 6 saridon tablets are taken at once? 54 minutes later
what is the side effect of having 6 promethazine 25mg tablet at once??
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 48 minutes later
Hello once again.

Thank You for writing to me.

All medications taken in excess can cause side effects, some serious, some less severe which is why I advise you not to take an overdose of any medication. If you do require any medication to treat symptoms or a condition then the prescribed dosage should be taken.

In case of promethazine an overdose is considered to be anything above 150-200 mg, above which serious toxicity symptoms can occur. Which is why I advise against taking this medication in excess as well.

I hope this information helped, please feel free to write back to me with any further clarifications, I would gladly help you or you could rate my answer after closing this discussion.

Take Care XXXXXX.