What type of medications can I take to kill intestinal parasites and bacteria?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
What type of medications can I take to kill intestinal parasites or bacteria? Is it true that real colloidal silver can kill off these parasites? Or are there other foods, drinks, herbs that I can purchase over the counter to combat intestinal parasites?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the sugestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi, There are a variety of prescription medications(mebendazol,albendazole, pyrantel embonate, ornidazole,antibiotic) to kill intestinal parasites or bacteria according to the lab results. With regards to colloidal silver, it is true that it can be used to treat a variety of infections. However, FDA has reported about its in-effectiveness and side effects. So, I'd suggest to consult your physician first before starting such treatment. I usually advise my patients to: - keep good hygiene - drink boiled water or mineral water - take garlic (chopped) with a small cup of milk early in the morning. (this is what I usually prescribe). Be careful for gastric side effects (as garlic might irritate stomach). Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contac me back at the next follow up. Dr.Klerida