What type of doctor should I consult for constant heaviness in head?

sir, from the past six months, i have been feeling constant heaviness in the head throughout the day, i have done eye tests and my vision is perfectly normal and now sometimes in the night i do feel sleepless could you please guide me to what type of doctor i shall consult
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chronic Tension type Headache (CTH) is likely poss Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You have headache from 6 months , the pattern you have described fits into Chronic Tension type headache. I will describe it to you , see if it fits " It is a chronic head-pain syndrome characterized by tight, band like discomfort. It is bilateral means on both sides of head. The pain typically builds slowly, fluctuates in severity, and may persist more or less continuously for many days. It may be associated with sleep disturbances." Classically , it in in whole of head , with a feel of "Band like sensation" like if something is kept on your head. In case , you have Throbbing , photophobia , phonophobia , nausea or vomitings associated with headache , or if your headache is on one side only (unilateral) , or if you have any neurological deficit , tell us. As per your question , you should consult a Physician who is well versed in headache treatment or a neurologist. I hope i am able to solve your query , if still you have any query , do ask me.
Follow-up: What type of doctor should I consult for constant heaviness in head? 16 minutes later
Sir, as replied by you i am not having headache it is just feeling of heaviness in the head, as if i am not interested in talking to somebody not interested in reading anything earlier when the problem started i was sleeping perfectly well then i consulted an eye specialist as my vision was normal he advised me some medicines after taking them for one month the problem remained the same and i started feeling sleepless also, sir please tell me will i ever be able to come out of this
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Heaviness is part of it. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend , yes this heaviness is characteristic of CTH. You may not feel headache , only heaviness. It totally fits. If you have other features i mentioned like throbbing , or headache only on one side then i may have to re consider my diagnosis. I hope you get well soon If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.