What treatment should be done for swollen tonsils and chest pain?

I have swollen tonsils, chest pain when I turn my body to the left mostly, pain in the same spot intensely that wakes me up at night. Sharp, sharp pain and nothing I can do to stop it but wait - minutes until it stops. Rarely, it burns when I swallow foods like soup and coffee. Was given antibiotics for the tonsil which did not work and was given an EKG that came back negative. My stomach is also a lot less tolerable in general. Swollen glands come and go. I just feel "off" if that makes sense. 24yo male here. Asthma since I was about 2, controlled now.
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi Joesim,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The acute tonsillitis is a hard indication and must be treated in close clinical supervision with broad spectrum antibiotics and mouth care.
If you are having a gastritis history then you may find them difficult to tolerate.
You should also get the antacid medicine of PPI class simultaneously.
As the ECG has come normal the chest pain seems to be related to gastritis only.
You should also get a CBC and a Chest xray done, just to rule out any other possibility.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.