What treatment should be done for 2:1 AV block?

My son is 16 yrs old and has 2:1 AV Block.Does he get cured by medicines etc?Or you have anything else to suggest?I have attached his Holter Report's 1st Page in the "Medical History" section
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
The Holter report indicates episodes of 2:1 AV block but most of the other parameters are normal.
I think your son is not having any major disorder and does not have any life threatening risk.
Sometimes there can be an underlying problem that can produce such arrhythmias like hypokalemia, myocarditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy etc.
So I would suggest you to have tests CBC and RFT and ECHO of the boy and get him reviewed by a cardiologist.
I am convinced he would not have any major issue but slight problems if found should be corrected.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: What treatment should be done for 2:1 AV block? 21 hours later
Here is his Full Holter Report.Please study it carefull so that you can advise properly and accurately
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 13 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You have already given a detailed quote, the IMG is showing the pictorial aspect of that, There is no new information on this Holter.
I would advise to get the investigation advised in the previous answer may there be revealed some thing new to target to correction/management.
Wish you a great health!