What treatment is recommended for leukorrhea?

Hi ! My wife got the problem of leucorrhoea can u recommend me any treatment for that and if you need and medical test i can provide you.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 days later
Brief Answer: Antibiotics are needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The commonest cause of leukorrhea is a vaginal fungal infection. She needs to take antifungal drugs orally along with antibacterial agent in order to treat any super added infection that might be present. Fluconazole and azithromycin are considered as considerably effective drugs. She can consult her gynaecologist for selecting the best drug for her after proper examination and vaginal swab culture. She can take some general measures to avoid recurrence- 1.Avoid wearing tight underwear or other tight acrylic garments everyday. Use loose fitting cotton underwear and panties. Avoid wearing jeans, legging, panty hose every day. 2.Stay away from deodorant sanitary pads and tampons. 3.Do not remain in wet clothes for a long time. 4. She can insert tampoons dipped in yogurt into the vagina twice a day. Be sure not to keep them inside for more than two hours. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: What treatment is recommended for leukorrhea? 3 days later
but she is pregnant which drug she can use?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 hours later
Brief Answer: Use clotrimazole pessary. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. In case of pregnancy, the oral antibiotics are recommended in severe cases only. She can use a vaginal pessary like Nuforce CD3 for 3 days and if the symptoms are not relieved then do consult her gynecologist for appropriate antibiotics. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards