What treatment do you suggest for having constant nausea after having hip surgery?

how can we help an elderly man with constant nausea after hip surgery. Tried several drugs to no effect. Seems like a motion sickness.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Constant nausea,motion sickness remedies... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read the medical history of your father carefully and I've noticed that he is currently taking many medications that could be a cause of nausea. In fact, provigil and labetolol are commonly associated with nausea, so, I'd suggest to talk to his doctor to change these drugs. Another cause could be internal ear disorders. So, I'd also suggest to consult an ENT specialist. Meanwhile, I'd advise to ask the patient to make slow movements of his head. Furthermore, ask him to - breathe deeply, - then, keep the breathe - after a while slowly release breathe. - avoid strong odors, it is better to make him walk in fresh air or ventilate his room quite often Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, feel free to ask me again! I'd be glad to help you! Dr.Klerida