What treatment do you suggest for dry itchy sore on but cheek?

scab dry itchy sore on but cheek. when I scratch scad will come off bleed a little then re scabbed. this been going on for over a year.. the whole are of the skin seems abnormal. the black spot are sores that heals but there is one that does not want to go away..
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Lichen simplex... Steroid creams might help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing here. I went through the pictures submitted. Duration and your case history most probably suggest lichen simplex. This is a type of chronic eczema that is related to stress, friction ,underlying fungal infections etc. I suggest you to keep area dry. Use loose undergarments. Avoid scratching. A sedative antihistaminic like atarax at night will be helpful. In addition you need to apply a combination of topical steroid and antibiotic like fucibet for a few days. Follow up with a dermatologist to supervise this treatment. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards