What treatment can I take to develop my facial hairs? Can it be treated without transplantation?

i don't hv moustaches & beards . My age is 26. Wat should i do?? My frnds tease me everyday. My father, younger brother have already moustaches & beards. To which specialist i should consult? Plz give me detailed description..... wat sould i do???? Do u know any specialist in India, if possible in Bangalore?
Can it be cured without transplantation???
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 12 hours later

Not having moustache or beard at 26 years is definitely a reason for concern. This is due to a hormonal imbalance in the body.

This condition is due to the low levels of hormones testosterone, hypothalamo pituitary hormones called gonadotropins as well.

Apart from the above other causes may be congenital abnormalities present since birth,injury, infections , diabetes,treatment with certain medicines and alcohol abuse as well.

I would also like to know if you have other associated problems like erection problems, breast enlargement, mood disturbances, anemia,small sized testicles, and low sperm counts?

The above details would be really helpful to associate this with the hypothalamus as well, causing a condition called hypogonadism , which presents with reduced facial hair also,

The first step would be to get an examination done form the UROLOGIST and then get a hormonal work up done . Routine Blood tests , hormonal tests for testosterone levels and other hormones, urine analysis and similar tests will be recommended. On reading the reports of the same the doctor will direct you for further procedures and treatment.

Saying so, I would want to also tell you that, if the lack of beard is due to a secondary cause, we can treat the underlying medical condition , but that will not completely mean, the facial hair will appear for sure. An andrologist/Urologist would be able to investigate this problem and help you.

We can surely get you an appointment with a UROLOGIST in Bangalore.I would request you to confirm your phone no and mail id so that we get in touch with you soon.

I hope I answered your questions, I will be available to answer the follow up queries as well
Follow-up: What treatment can I take to develop my facial hairs? Can it be treated without transplantation? 12 hours later
yah i have erection problems, breast enlargement, mood disturbances, small sized testicles, and low sperm counts & little fatty body. i am thinking to contact Dr. Shivakumar C, an endocrinologist in bangalore at M.S.Ramaiah Hospital. Is it good for me , or else plz advice me doctors which i should refer in Bangalore. Can it be cured? How long time it'll take for me to have moustaches & beards? wat i should do with my breasts enlargement???
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 9 hours later

Thanks for writing back with the details.

I feel that the symptoms your having is hypogonadism related and as I said the cause could be primary or secondary.

You must get the set of investigations which the doctor will direct you on . This needs a complete work up, along with the examination and hormonal assays.

I may not be able to promise you about the facial hair growth, as even after correcting the primary or secondary causes , hair growth may not be possible completely.

The concern here is the cause for all these symptoms and this has to be treated with respect to your general health and a good life, irrespective of the facial hair growth, which is not the primary concern for the doctor. Breast enlargement is also due to hormonal problems which i mentioned above and it can be corrected by correcting the hormone levels

You can XXXXXXX the endocrinologist you mentioned about and seek further advice on the same .

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: What treatment can I take to develop my facial hairs? Can it be treated without transplantation? 10 hours later
Thanks Mam. Can u plz tell me how much time it'll take for treatment? As i asked, is it possible to be get cured i.e i'll get my beards & moustaches. I m very worried about sex life. plz give me some suggestions ??
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 18 hours later

I would not like to do any false promises regarding the treatment duration. Every individual response is far different.

Rest asssured, if there is no hormonal problem, then it would not affect sexual life.

Wish you Good Health