What treatment and cure should I do for hair fall?

Gastroenterologist
Question
i have a heavy hairfall problem, more than 100 in number, i had a very healthy hair in the past , but now the hairfall has worsen, i'm using xgain shampoo but absolutely no use
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,

There are two main causes for hair loss - hereditary hair loss and telogen effluvium.
The second one is due to stress.

A hair pull test and a scalp biopsy may be done for evaluation and to decide about the treatment.

Topical minoxidil would be useful. But consult your dermatologist before using it.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: What treatment and cure should I do for hair fall? 7 minutes later
Thank you for answering my question sir.

My doctor prescribed me with the Bio-hair tablets, but unfortunately i'm unable to get the tablets anywhere in bangalore.

my job is stressful so i can understand the root cause, can you please let me know if i can continue with the xgain shampoo(this was prescribed by my doctor).

And also how many days should i take the Topical minoxidil.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 27 hours later
First the cause of hair loss should be ascertained.

Stress includes other factors also like a recent surgery and Telogen effluvium could also be due to other causes like nutritional deficiency.

Use topical minoxidil after consulting a dermatologist only as stopping minoxidil will result in loss of newly grown hairs.

Bio-hair and xgain are not proved by any studies to be beneficial in the treatment of hair loss.

If there are no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini