What to do to stop snoring?

ENT Specialist
Hello, This is regarding the snoring problem. I'm 27 , height of 5.11 and weighing around 110kg. I started snoring a lot from past 6 months. Before that i wasnt, but i was of same weight. Trying different sleeping positions didnt help too. I start snoring as soon as i sleep. I can feel that instantly. And noted that the actual sound generates in the nose( not near throat). Please suggest me the solution to get over snoring as nobody else feel to sleep in my room because of the snoring sound. Im getting married in another 4-6 months and thinking a lot to get over before that.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Nasal Causes of snoring Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and current medication. Common nasal causes of snoring are 1. Allergic Rhinitis, 2. Polyps in the nose either antrochoanal or ethmoid and 3. Deviated Nasal septum. I am unable to relate any of the aforementioned condition as the cause of snoring in your case. Therefore before attempting any treatment I would want you to go for CT scan Para Nasal Sinus. If needed, Sleep Apnoea Index /Respiratory Distress Index needs to be done. Your local doctor / ENT specialist will know about it. I would urge you to consult them and plan the tests. Hope this helps. Wish you good health