What to do if not relived from stomach pain and loose motion after taking medicine?

Dear Doctor Past 3 weeks i have stomach pains. When consulted with doctor he said it is gastro and give some medication and a shot to stop the stomach pain and loose motions. It took a week to cure. Its been 2 weeks i still have minor stomach pain and loose motions come and go. I have lost some weight due to this. Kindly suggest.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: you need investigations Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. I am sorry about your current health status. Have you been investigated for this? Was a stool routine test done? If I were your treating doctor, I would first suggest you to get a stool routine done, along with basic blood investigations. If the stomach pain was recurrent, I would also recommend an ultrasound scan of the whole abdomen. In most probability, this seems like an acute intestinal infection or colitis, which a stool routine test can confirm. A course of effective intestinal antibiotics like Norfloxacin along with Metrogyl would suffice in such a case. Please do get back to me with the investigations and treatment taken. Awaiting your response. Regards,