What to do if heart is beating hard and hurts?

My heart hurts after a long day and I ready to re, It feels like it beating hard but not fast and it wants to explode.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: More details required; Get heart checkup done Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Thanks for your query. The information provided needs more elaboration. Kindly provide me with the following information:- # Are you passing through persistent mental stress and anxiety? # Do you get panicky at times? # How’s your mental temperament? Irritable, short-temper, lack of concentration, disturbed sleep? # Do you get undue breathlessness following exertion? # Do you get heaviness in chest or pain? # Were you ever been found to have an elevated blood pressure? # Have you gained weight over the recent months; get easily fatigued; have excessive hair fall? However, the information provided suggests that you are under mental stress, feel fatigued after a hard day’s work; or, may have an underlying heart disease. Other possibilities to be considered are thyroid problem of underlying undiagnosed diabetes. An ECG + 2-D Echo study (akin to ultrasound of the heart); Blood Pressure check-up; Blood test for sugar would localize the possible cause by exclusion of the either possible causes mentioned above. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order the required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and, prescribe specific treatment. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal