What to do if having periods again after long gap and been on hormone replacement?

Infertility Specialist
I am 59 years old & thought I was past menopause...I have not had a period for approx 5+ years, I have been on Hormone replacement for 7 years...this past week I started my period again...spotting for 5 days, now an actual flow..should I wait another few days to see if it stops on its own??
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: get examined Detailed Answer: Hi, Please visit a gynecologist for getting examined and ultrasound go detect source of bleeding. A biopsy might be required to rule out malignancy. Please see gynecologist soon. Let me know if any more doubts. Regards