What to do if have delayed periods after unprotected sex but HPT negative?

Hello I am 9 days late, I have never been late in my life. I had uprotected sex on the 14th. I have taken 8 or so Home pregnancy test and all have been negative what could be going
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help you! Detailed Answer: First I have some questions for you: 1. Do you have regular cycles? 2. What was the first day of your last period? 3. Was the unprotected intercourse on 11/14th - correct? 4. When did you perform the last pregnancy test exactly? Thank you.
Follow-up: What to do if have delayed periods after unprotected sex but HPT negative? 2 minutes later
My cycles are extremely regular, my last period started October 22 2013 yes it was november the 14th I did one this morning
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for this information... Detailed Answer: Based on your story of regular cycles (and assuming about a 28 day cycle), and assuming ovulation / conception on around day14 of your cycle. The most likely window of conception would have been around 11/5. 11/14 is well beyond the window that I mentioned. In addition, if you had conceived around 11/5, a test would definitely be positive by now. For the sake of argument, if for some reason you ovulated late, and you conceived on 11/14, then you would be 3 6/7 weeks pregnant. This is about the earliest that a test would turn positive, perhaps too early to test. Here is what I would recommend: 1. Take a test again on Monday 2. If the test remains negative, then it is possible that you ovulated extremely late or not at all. 3. If the test is negative (or positive) call you doctor on Monday. If you still are not pregnant, you can talk with them about medication to "induce" a period. I hope that this helps and I am sorry for the delay. Good luck!
Follow-up: What to do if have delayed periods after unprotected sex but HPT negative? 8 hours later
My cycle is 32 days long. I ovulate on the 16 or 17 th day of my cycle. This has been shown with ovulation kist, temping, and cervical dicharge. I also get a twinge pain on teh side that I ovualted from. This month I did use an ovulation kits, but went by temp, cm and that twinge or slight cramping i get I would have ovulated on the 12. I could be wrong.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 39 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you and sorry for the delay.. Detailed Answer: If you are correct and ovulated on the 12th, and had intercourse on the 14th, then you were certainly at risk for pregnancy. That being said, IF you had conceived at that point, then the pregnancy test should be positive right now. I would still recommend checking again in the next week to be sure that you are not pregnant. I hope that I have helped. If you have any more questions, let me know and I will respond quicker! Good luck!