What to do if frenulum is ripped and is bleeding?

I have ripped or have a little cut on my frenulum and it stings and is bleeding I don't know what to do how can it heal and keep it from getting infected. How long would it take to heal
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clean the wound, apply bandage; take pain-killers Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. There is NOTHING TO WORRY: * Firstly, clean the wound thoroughly with soap and water; then, clean it an antiseptic lotion. Thereafter, apply a cotton pad around the penis (and covering the frenulum), leaving the urine tube opening. Use adhesive plaster (or a Band-aid) over and around the cotton pad and stick it reasonably tight BUT not too tight. The bleeding will stop within an hour. But remove the bandage only after 48 hours, so as to give time for the frenulum to heal. * In case of severe pain, take pain-killers for a day or two. There is NO requirement of taking antibiotics. It will heal completely within 4-5 days time. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal