What to do if developed heat boil in neck after shaving?

I have heat boil in my right side of the neck for past 2 days at the time of shaving my beard
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not pinch or squeeze. Use antibiotic agents.. Detailed Answer: Hi, A small boil after a shave is generally unharmful. Do not pinch or squeeze the lesion. You may apply topical antibiotic agent like neosporin on the affected area and keep it dry and clean. You will need to visit a doctor if the boil spreads in size or if you develop severe discomfort/redness and fever. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards