What to do for delayed puberty symptoms?

Pediatrician
Question
HELLO DOCTOR MY SON IS 13 YEARS OLD, OVERWEIGHT FROM BIRTH I DID CIRCUMCISION ON 3RD DAY OF BIRTH. WE NOTICE HIS PENIS IS VERY SMALL AND NO DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE HELP
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: In overweight children penis may appear small Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. In overweight children the penis is embedded in the surrounding fat and appears small though it is of normal size. If you can upload the photograph using the facility on this site I would be able to give you a better opinion. I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts. Wishing your son all the best. Regards, Rajiv K Khandelwal http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: What to do for delayed puberty symptoms? 20 minutes later
Please find similar penis of my son, I have also heard that because of lack of hormones in his body. please see the attached pic and advice any medicine

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs clinical evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for uploading the photograph. As your son is 13 years old and attaining puberty there is no evidence of secondary sexual development in the form of pubic or facial hair I would suggest that you get him clinically evaluated. Clinical examination by a paediatrician and/or an endocrinologist will tell us whether the penis is small or adequate for his gonadal development. Further investigations of hormone levels will depend on the clinical evaluation. I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please do revert back for any further clarifications. Regards, Rajiv K Khandelwal