What to do for burning sensation underneath rib cage and acid reflux?

I have been experiencing a burning sensation underneath my left rib cage. I also experience acid reflux when I push around in that area. It has been going on for a few weeks now. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, try some omeprazole or ranitidine. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these heart burns. They are very suggestive of acid reflux as you have already mentioned. The primary management of heart burn is to try some drugs that reduce or neutralize acid secretion.. if this should not resolve the problem, then consultation should be sought for further investigation and management. Please get in contact with your doctor to get a prescription of ranitidine, omeprazole or some anti acids either as single regimen of in combination to control these symptoms. In addition to drugs, life style modifications like avoiding chocolates, caffeine, eating too light, going to bed soon after eating, would be very helpful to control these symptoms as well and improve your over all quality of life. I hope this helps and provides enough information for you to act on. I wish you the best of health. Thank you for using our services an please fee free to request for more information or clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD