What to do for bleeding after anal sex?

My girlfriend is bleeding after anal sex for first time what should we do?
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...must consult a doctor  Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Bleeding after anal sex is quite common and specially when it is done for the first time because of several reasons like ... Tight external anal sphincter The inner lining of anus is not as lubricated as vagina Because the lining of the anus is thin and fragile, it is very easy for cuts, tears or some other kind of trauma to occur in this area during anal sex.  Although a serious problem after anal sex is rare but it can still happen. This bleeding could be just due to injury to the anal mucosa or it could be due to pre existing internal hemorrhoids or very rarely it can be due to perforation of colon. You must consult a surgeon,who can visualise the anal area from inside and advise you properly. In case it is just simple injury,treatment offered is... Application of local antibiotic cream Take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day Avoiding sex for couple of weeks Taking SITZ bath with warm water for few days Keeping your stool soft by taking stool softener like MIRALAX for 7-10 days. I hope it helps ,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks