What to do after head injury resulting in lump formation and pain while opening mouth and chewing?

Hi. I hit the side of my head earlier this afternoon with a car door, a little above my right temple, right on my hair line. There is a little lump there now, and it hurts to open my mouth or chew. I know that hitting the side of your head is the most XXXXXXX and I'm not sure whether to be concerned or not. I don't have a headache as of yet, but this only happened about 3 hours ago. Can you help?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ct required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query A small lump formation is a normal physiological response to a blunt injury, I am not very worried about that but what worries me is the pain while opening the mouth and also while chewing. I strongly advice you to approach a physician and get a ct brain with pns cuts to rule out internal bleed and fracture. For the pain I recommend a combination drug like aceclofenac with paracetamol. It will bring down the pain and also the inflammation. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards