What things do we need to take care of when planning for kids? Suggestions from you?

Me and my wife is planing for kids can you please,suggest us that what are the things we need to take care and suggetions from your side.we will follow the instructions from you .
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later

Planning for a baby needs both mental and physical involvement of both the partners. The most important factor in successful conception is timing of ovulation.

Both of you should try to have regular sexual intercourse during the ovulation days or fertile days (9 to 16 days in a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days duration).The frequency of intercourse during ovulation should be at least every alternate days.

Some general measures which will help you include-

1)Have regular intercourse without any stress.
2)Ask your partner to start taking Folic acid supplements as it is to be taken from 3 months before conception and prevents any neural defect in foetus. This is to be taken only after consulting her gynecologist.
3)While having intercourse ask your wife to keep a pillow under hips for better penetration.
5)Ask her to avoid getting up immediately after intercourse.
6)Avoid stress and have healthy nutritious diet and drink lots of water.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: What things do we need to take care of when planning for kids? Suggestions from you? 46 days later
Hi Madum,

Thanks for your reply.
I got marriage last year August generally we are participation in sex weekly ones or twice, but my wife never fell that she is happy with she is not interested with sex but I am fully satisfaction with every time.
But I am confused that the way I am donning the sex wrong or right.
I don’t know how to satisfy my wife regularly.
Because we are planning for the kid now a days so is this un- satisfaction will creates any problem for the kids.
We both are worrying on this .please help us to resolve the issue.
Do we need to go for any counseling ?

Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

Satisfaction while having sex does not affect the ability to conceive. Even if your wife is not fully satisfied, she can conceive.
Recently married couple in some cases need time to adjust emotionally as well as for sexual enjoyment and satisfaction.
Indulge in lots of foreplay.You can also use artificial lubricants like KY jelly for same.While having intercourse keep a pillow under her hips for better penetration and ask her to be relaxed before the act.
If the problem persists, counselling might be of help.

Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.