What the reasons for twitching of eyes?

What causes eye twitches?
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 13 hours later

The most common factors that make the muscle in the eyelid twitch are fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Eyelid twitching is not considered a harmful condition and therefore there is no treatment available. Patients are however advised to get more sleep and drink less caffeine.

Sometimes excessive dryness of eyes and exposure to sunlight can also cause twitching. One can apply lubricating eye drops (Refresh tears) which will help to reduce the symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for any further queries if you have any. If you don’t have further queries please close this discussion.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah